Goldsmiths' & Silversmiths' Co Ltd
High quality Silver and Cut Glass Inkwell
Full hallmarks, London 1903
Measures 8cm in diameter and 4cm in height
Goldsmiths' & Silversmiths' Company (shop/business; British; 1880; still trading)
This large business of retail jewellers and silversmiths was established in 1880 at 112 Regent Street. The original partners were William Gibson and John Lawrence Langman. Following the absorption in 1893 of the Goldsmiths' Alliance Ltd, the Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co was coverted into a limited liability company. In 1952 the company was amalgamated with Garrard & Co.